Daniel Mendoza-Jones is the founder of Mendoza Legal & Consulting and is a corporate and commercial lawyer with broad experience in general business law as well as areas of specialisation.
Daniel began his legal career at Allens Arthur Robinson (now Allens Linklaters) where he gained experience in general corporate and commercial advice especially in the areas of technology, Defence industry and financial services. Daniel has continued to practice corporate and commercial law and has become a trusted adviser to range of clients, in fields as diverse as aerospace, aviation, Defence industry, financial services and government. Having worked in private and government practice, Daniel’s commercial advice is often sought by government agencies and by small and large organisations doing business with government.
Daniel is also a Legal Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force Specialist Reserve and advises clients on a wide range of military legal matters. He has served as Honorary Solicitor and on the board of directors for a number of not-for-profit organisations. He also provides legal advice to small businesses and not-for-profits.
Clients value Daniel’s legal and commercial advice, which is based on technical legal excellence as well as a deep understanding of the commercial issues affecting clients’ legal needs. Daniel’s clients also appreciate his reliability, timeliness, attention to detail and ability to provide clear guidance in complex and detailed matters.
- Master of Liberal Arts, Extension Studies (General Management), Harvard University
- Master of Laws, Corporate and Commercial Law, University of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce with Merit, University of New South Wales
Select Legal Publications
- Daniel Mendoza-Jones, ‘Reform of the Financial Advice Industries in Australia and the United States’ (2013) 31 Company and Securities Law Journal 261.
- Daniel Mendoza-Jones, ‘Superannuation Trustees – Governance, Best Interests, Conflicts of Interest and the Proposed Reforms’ (2012) 30 Company and Securities Law Journal 297.
- Daniel Mendoza-Jones (ed), (2005) 28(2) University of New South Wales Law Journal (Thematic Edition on Australian Military Law).
- Dean’s List Award for Academic Achievement, Harvard University
- Dean’s List of Excellence in Academic Performance (twice), University of New South Wales
- Commander’s Commendation, Air Mobility Group, Royal Australian Air Force
- Prince of Wales Award, Australian Defence Force